What do the Dodgeville Library Friends do?
- Support children and adult Library programs throughout the year.
- Provide refreshments and speakers for library programs.
- Purchase materials and needed items for the library.
- Hold library book sales for the public several times a year.
- Sort books and volunteer time for our book sales.
- Promote the love of reading!
Chairman: Kelli Rowan
Co-Chairman: Deb Haag
Secretary: Gretchen Pearson
Treasurer: Dina Bertolinni
Library Representative: Carol Murphy
Friends of the Library Membership Form download here
Donations are accepted during the third full week of each month.
The ‘Friends of the Library’ thank you for donating gently used items for our sales. Due to limited storage space, the Library accepts donations only during the third full week of each month.
Support the Library by donating:
|• Audio cassettes||• Books|
|• Compact discs||• Computer software|
|• Vinyl records||• Sheet music|
|• Video cassettes||• DVDs|
Items that may not be donated (because they just don’t sell)
• Reader’s Digest condensed books
• Business books published more than 10 years ago
• Textbooks published more than 10 years ago
• Encyclopedias published more than 10 years ago
Thank you for all your donations!
Used Book Sale
The Friends book sales generate funding to support Library programs and equipment purchases.
The children’s summer library program is supported through purchase of reading rewards and funding of performers for the festival at Harris Park.
In past years, the Friends have purchased two receipt printers for the checkout desk. The printers provide patrons with a list of the items they have borrowed and the due dates of each item. A disc repair system was funded that allows the Library to rescue damaged video and audio discs in the collection.
Friends donations allow the Library to purchase special additions to the Library collection such as the Hooked on Phonics reading instruction kits.
Bylaws of the Friends
of the Dodgeville Public Library
Information on ‘Bylaws of the Friends of the Dodgeville Public Library’ can be viewed here.