College & Career Planning Resources
College Resources are located in Adult Non-Fiction at 378.3 with Career Resources at 331.7
Introduces more than 2,100 institutions in the U.S. and Canada, providing details on academic programs, majors, tuition, housing costs, student/faculty ratio, campus life, and more. Also includes helpful information on ROTC programs and historically black colleges.
College & Career Resource Web Sites
Web sites to enhance your career search!
Online Schools is a compilation of every college program offered online in Wisconsin that is offered full and part time. This database will be updated yearly and will always remain free and open.
College Navigator is your direct link to nearly 7,000 colleges and universities in the United States. If you are thinking about a large university, a small liberal arts college, a specialized college, a community college, a career or technical college or a trade school, you can find information on all of them here.
For hundreds of different types of jobs--such as teacher, librarian, childcare worker, and nurse--the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
A printed edition is available in the Reference area of the Dodgeville Public Library.
CareerOneStop is an integrated suite of national web sites that help businesses, job seekers, students, and workforce professionals find employment and career resources. CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, includes three core products:
- America's Career InfoNet provides national, state and local career information and labor market data using unique career tools, career reports, videos, a career resource library and other innovative web-based tools.
- America's Job Bank is the nation's largest online labor exchange. Businesses post job listings, create customized job orders, and search resumes. Job seekers post resumes and search for jobs that fit their career goals.
- America's Service Locator maps customers to a range of local services including workforce centers, unemployment benefits, job training, education opportunities, and other workforce services.
Updated 26 August 2014
- Library Catalog Login
- Digital Downloads
- Affordable Care Act
- Job Resources
- Research Resources
- Computer Access
- Kids Korner
- Young Adults
- Senior Spot
- Your Library Card
- About the Library
- Local Connections
- Contact Us
- Site Map